Balmer Lawrie & Co. Ltd. (hereinafter referred as BL) having its Head Office at Kolkatta, is a multiple product, multi location and multi technology conglomerate and manufacturer of Performance Chemicals and Grease & Lubricants, which form two of the core businesses of the company.
We are in the process of updating our Registered Vendor’s List, and online applications are sought from technically competent, experienced and financially sound vendors for Performance Chemicals (hereinafter referred as SBU PC) and Grease & Lubricants (Hereinafter referred as G&L) divisions, Chennai for the products/services under the categories given below:
IMPORTANT NOTE: EXISTING VENDORS PRESENTLY WORKING WITH US SHOULD ALSO APPLY FOR UPDATION AND RENEWAL OF THEIR REGISTRATION.
Products/Services for which Vendor is interested shall be selected from the list below category wise:
CATEGORY : 1 SUPPLY OF RAW MATERIALS: for SBU PC, Chennai
CATEGORY : 2 SUPPLY OF RAW MATERIALS: For G & L, Chennai
CATEGORY : 3 SUPPLY OF PACKING MATERIALS: for SBU PC, Chennai
CATEGORY : 4 SUPPLY OF PACKING MATERIALS: for G & L, Chennai
CATEGORY : 5 SUPPLY OF VARIOUS ITEMS: for both
CATEGORY : 6 SERVICE CONTRACTS : for both
CATEGORY : 7 SCRAP DISPOSAL : for both
For subcategory and detailed item list, please refer Annexure-I Download.
- Qualifying Criteria:
- Copies of all documents like experience, past purchase orders, balance sheet, IT return, Statutory approvals etc. submitted along with the application must be duly signed with company seal.
- The Applicant shall have relevant experience of execution of works or supply of materials to reputed organizations.
- Parties should submit audited balance sheets for the last three financial years along with the application. 30% of the maximum turn over for the last three financial years will be considered for arriving at the qualifying financial limits.
- BL has also implemented E- procurement, and normally tenders above Rs 20 lakhs are expected to be e-tenders, and vendors applying for registration are requested to be in readiness (having valid Digital Certificates etc.) for participation in online tenders/ Reverse Auction events. Our e-procurement site is https://balmerlawrie.govtprocurement.com
- Application for Vendor registration have to be submitted online only at our website www.blchemlubes.com. Please go to the link “Vender Registration for SBUPC and G&L Chennai’’ available at our website www.blchemlubes.com. Applications submitted in any other form will not be accepted.
- Basic procedure & instructions for filling the Online Registration Form are available online at our website. Help manual containing the step by step procedure for submission of online applications, is also being uploaded along with this form for quick reference.
- A hard copy of the print out of the online from along with copies of all the relevant documents [details filled/uploaded at the time of submission of the online form],duly stamped & signed on each page & neatly filed and tagged are to be forwarded in a folder to the address given below:
Sr. Manager (SCM),
Balmer Lawrie & Co. Ltd.,
32, Sattangadu Village,
Manali, Chennai – 600 068.
- Registration Fees: This folder should be accompanied with non –refundable Registration Fees in the form of a Demand Draft for Rs 250 /- (Rs. Two Hundred and Fifty Only) from any Scheduled Bank [other than Co-operative Banks], drawn in favor of" M/s Balmer Lawrie & Co. Ltd.", payable at Chennai. Please note that the Registration Fee is non refundable, irrespective of the out come of the application.
- Existing Vendors: Existing vendors of BL, regularly receiving tenders, are also required to submit the online registration form and to make payment towards Registration Fees.
- While online vendor registration will remain an ongoing process, registration process for the applications received against the present advertisement will be taken up on priority for the application received at the above mentioned office before 31st August 2011.
- Basic Procedure for Registration :
- Click on the link "New Vendor Registration". A one-page form will appear. Fill in the form giving your email id, PAN number and other details. Enter your own password while registering and remember this password for future logins.
- A unique No. [ eg. BAL00000123] will be allotted and the same along with a confirmation link will be sent to your email id. Pl. quote this as Application no.
- Open the website using the confirmation link and login using the unique No. which has been e-mailed to you.
- A detailed Online Registration From will then appear with the Index on the left side.
- After filling the Online Registration and giving "Final Confirmation", take a printout and send to BL as hard copy of the Form along with a copy of all the related documents [details filled/uploaded in the form], duly stamped & signed on each page, and neatly filed.
- Registration of vendors as well as the financial limits will be decided on the basis of the below mentioned criteria ascertained on the basis of the documents submitted by the vendors along with their application forms:
1) Requirement of the applied categories
2) Credit worthiness (to be determined on the basis of Solvency certificates etc.)
3) Job Execution / Manufacturing Capabilities & Capacities.
4) Quality Control System (Adoption of Industry Best Practices, possession of Quality & Process Control Certifications, accreditions, applicable licenses etc.)
5) Past Performance (to be determined on the basis of major orders executed during the past three years and beyond & completion certificates, etc.)
a. Vendor to facilitate inspection of the previously executed jobs, manufacturing facilities etc. by BL representative if insisted.
6) Financials ( to be determined on the basis of Turnover, Audited Balance Sheets, P & L Accounts of the past 3 Years)
- Submission of registration documents does not automatically guarantee registration. BL reserves the right to accept / reject any application without assigning any reason whatsoever. BL’s decision will be final on all matters. After submission of the application form, vendors are requested to refrain from making enquiries regarding status of the registration. The updated status will be made available online.
- In case BL requires any further clarifications / Documents, the same will be sought by the concerned official during evaluation of the credentials of the vendors.
- Vendors are requested to tag the relevant documents for quick reference during the scrutiny of Applications. Applications completed in all respects and accompanied with relevant documents clearly tagged for easy reference will be given priority during the evaluation process.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: In case of application for service / contracts, vendors must indicate EPF / ESIC registration and Service tax details, PAN Nos. etc., failing which their applications are liable to be rejected. If Consultants do not fall under this category same has to be indicated in the covering letter.
For material supplies, vendors must indicate their CST / VAT Registration Nos. and Excise Regn. Nos.,wherever applicable.
14.1 Vendors must enclose copies of such registrations duly signed with seal. Prior to registration of vendors, BL may at its discretion opt for Factory Inspection (in case of Manufactures) or Inspection of Executed Works (in case of contractors). Also, BL may seek samples of materials for which the vendor is interested, wherever applicable.
- Parties who are interested in registration for more than one category/ discipline should apply in single form only.
- Detailed verification of other documents/ data will be carried out at a later date. Applicant should be in position to produce all original documents and/or any information as and when required by BL.
a. BL's decision in any matter regarding empanelment shall be final and applicant shall not enter into any correspondence with BL after submission of application.
b. BL reserves the right to reject the application of any or all the applicants without assigning any reason.
- Hard copy of the print out of the online form along with copies of all the relevant documents should be forwarded with a covering note strictly as per the enclosed format. The covering note should be made on the official letter head of the vendor, and should be signed by the authorized signatory of the firm / establishment.